2020 Vientiane marathon rules and regulations
- The Vientiane Marathon is organized by Events for Good (EFG) in accordance with these rules and regulations applicable to the participants, which can be found at the Event Official Website: www.vientianemarathon.com
- Completion of the online registration form confirms the participant’s agreement to abide by these rules and regulations.
- Registration for the race is only confirmed upon payment and issuance of a race identification number.
- Participant agrees to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about the participant as per registration form.
- Once registration is completed no change to registration detail is allowed, however exception would only be made for crucial detail such as: emergency contact person.
- There will be NO REFUND of registration fee if the event is cancelled for whatsoever reason.
- Organizers have all the rights to use photos and videos of participants for commercial purposes.
- All runners are advised to keep the race route clean. Please avoid littering and throw your garbage, empty water bottles inside the garbage bag.
- In Respect to Lao Culture and Tradition, running without shirt is NOT ALLOWED.
- While reasonable precautions will be taken by EFG to ensure the Participants’ safety, the participants take part in VM at his or her own risk. EFG, Event Sponsors or Co-Sponsors shall not be responsible or held liable for any injury or death howsoever arising from training for or during participation in the race. Participants are encouraged to go for a medical examination and / or consult their medical practitioner prior to registration and before the actual race day.
- A participant must retire from the race immediately if required to do so by any member of the official medical staff, race official, referee and / or security officer.
- Any participant who does not feel well during the race is advised to stop and seek assistance from the race officials or medical staff.
- Pets, bicycles, in-line skates, prams, push carts, shoes with built-in or attached rollers and any other wheel-run objects are not allowed on the race route. Only official race and medical vehicles are allowed on the race route.
- Runners must wear their RACE BIB VISIBLY that can be seen by the race officials. Runners without race bibs are NOT ALLOWED along the route.
3. All Runners must run through the race route ON FOOT and unaided by any moving vehicle. Any runner caught cheating, short-cutting, riding on moving vehicles or bicycles will be automatically disqualified from the race. The violators will be stopped and his/ her race bib will be taken by the race official on site.
- Pacers (unregistered runners/ without race bibs) bicycles or motorcycles providing support to runners are NOT allowed during the race. Any runner caught with pacers will be disqualified from the race.
- EFG reserve the right to use any photographs, motion pictures, recording, or any other media records (including those displaying the participant) of the VIM for any legitimate purpose, including commercial advertising.
- EFG reserves the right to limit and / or refuse race entries without assigning any reason.
- EFG reserves the right to cancel any race category without prior notice to the participants.
- EFG will not entertain nor be in any way responsible for any disputes arising from incomplete entry details.
- The race route will be shared during of the race, up to 06:30 Hrs. Beyond the 06:30 Hours cut-off time, the road will be fully re-opened to live traffic. More information will be available on the Official Website or through the Event handbook.
- The race organizers do not recommend that the competitors in the Full Marathon, Half Marathon, and Mini Marathon drink water, sports drinks, and the other food except those prepared by the VIM organizing staff.
- A participant may be disqualified or removed from the race by an Event Official if the participant:
- Fails to comply with event rules or instructions from Event Officials;
- Is deemed by official medical staff to be unfit to continue;
- Is causing a risk to self, other participants, event personnel, or other persons; or
- Deviates from the official race route
- Roads will be reopened to regular traffic after the cut-off time. The organizer reserves the right to require participants who have not met the cut-off time (or the midway check-in time for the Full Marathon) to board the sweeper vehicles to be transported to the start/finish.
- After registration, there will be NO fee refund for a Participant who does not eventually take part in the Vientiane Marathon, for any reason whatsoever.
- A participant is strictly not allowed to transfer his or her race entry to another party.
- A participant who does not start within 30 minutes from his or her respective START OFF point will be disqualified and for safety reasons, may not be allowed to start.
- Change of race categories are allowed ONLY until 10 December 2020. For upgrade, runners are to pay the additional required fee. For downgrade, runners will not be refunded the extra amount.
- The organizer has the right to cancel or postpone the event, or convert the event to a virtual race, if the event is impacted by circumstances beyond the organizer’s reasonable control, such as: inclement weather conditions, orders from Government authorities, unsafe route conditions, terrorism, epidemic, war, political unrest.
- If the event is cancelled, postponed or converted, the organizer has full discretion over whether to refund part or all of the fees, or to hold over the fee as credit towards entry into a future event. The organizer will not be liable for any losses or costs incurred by the participant, such as travel or accommodation costs.
- To participate in the Marathon (42 km) participants must be 18 years or above on the race day.
- To participate in the Half Marathon (21 km) participants must be 16 years or above on the race day.
- To participate in Mini Marathon (10 km) participants must be 12 years or above on the race day.
- Any participant below the age of 18 is required to seek parental /guardian consent and complete the relevant indemnity and declaration forms when registering online or in person.
- Full Marathon (42km) – 6 hours 30min cut-off
If Runners are not check-in at the 3 hours and 30min mark, runners must forfeit and be return to the start/finish area on the VIM designated buses
2. Half Marathon (21 kM) – 3 hours 30 min cut-off
3. Mini Marathon (10 kM) – 2 hours cut-off
- Each participant is allowed only one prize-money award.
- EFG reserves the right to replace any winner if he or she is found to be disqualified.
- ANY prize not claimed within (1) month from 20 December 2020 will be forfeited and EFG will be at liberty to redistribute or dispose of them accordingly.
- The “Gun-Time” will be considered to determine the winners for all categories.
- Prizes for the Full Marathon (42 km), Half Marathon (21 km) and Mini Marathon (10km) are:
Women’s OVER-ALL CATEGORY (1st to 5th place)
Men’s OVER-ALL CATEGORY (1st to 5th Place)
1. Men’s & Women’s Age Category (1st to 5th Place TROPHIES ONLY, NO PRIZE-MONEY)
Race Entry Pack Collection
- All participants must collect their race pack, which includes the race bib, timing chip, Event T-shirt on 18-19 December 2020. The pre-race registration on 18-19 December 2020 (10:00 am to 6:00 pm) at the EXPO CENTER/ Pack Collection Location, of which details will be posted on the Event Official Website. If participants are unable to collect their Race Pack in person, they may empower a duly authorized representative in accordance with the procedure detailed here at the Event Official Website.
- Late collection will not be entertained and EFG shall not be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused, due to participants’ inability to collect their Race Pack. Race Pack not collected after the collection date will be deemed as properly of (EFG) the organizer, who reserves the rights to dispose or distribute them accordingly.
- STRICTLY NO RACE PACK COLLECTION ON RACE DAY
- All Participants who successfully complete the race in their selected categories will be awarded a Finisher’s Medal upon the presentation of their race bib to the organizers.
- All 42k Finishers will receive a FINISHER’S T-SHIRT upon their completion of the race.
- All participants who successfully complete the race in their categories will be awarded an e-Certificate of Participation. The e-Certificate will be made available here on the Event Official Website from 22 December 2020.