2019 VIMarathon rules and regulations
- The Vientiane International Marathon is organized by Events for Good (EFG) in accordance with these rules and regulations applicable to the participants, which can be found at the official website: www.vientianemarathon.com
- Completion of the online registration form confirms the participant’s agreement to abide by these rules and regulations
- Registration for the race is only confirmed upon payment and issuance of a race identification number.
- Participant agreed to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about the participant as per registration form.
- Once registration is completed no change to registration detail however (exemption would only be made for crucial detail such as: emergency contact person.
- There will be no fee refund if the event is cancelled for whatsoever reason.
- Organizer have all the right to use photos and videos of participants for commercial purposes.
- Whilst reasonable precaution will be taken by EFG to ensure the Participants’ safety, the participants takes part in VIM at his or her own risk. EFG, Event Sponsors or Co-Sponsors shall not be responsible or held liable for any injury or death howsoever arising from training for or during participation in the race. Participants are encouraged to go for a medical examination and / or consult their medical practitioner prior to registration and before the actual race day.
- A participant must retire from the race immediately if required to do so by any member of the official medical staff, race director, referee and / or security officer.
- Pets, bicycles, in-line skates, prams, push carts, shoes with built-in or attached rollers and any other wheel-run objects are not allowed on the race route. Only official race and medical vehicles are allowed on the race route.
- EFG reserve the right to use any photographs, motion pictures, recording, or any other media records (including those displaying the participant) of the VIM for any legitimate purpose, including commercial advertising.
- EFG reserves the right to limit and / or refuse race entries without assigning any reason.
- EFG reserves the right to cancel any race category without prior notice to the participants
- EFG will not entertain nor be in any way responsible for any disputes arising from incomplete entry details.
- The race route will be share during of the race, up to 06:30 Hrs. Beyond 06:30 Hours cut of mark, the road will be fully re-opened to live traffic. More information will be available on the Official Website through Event handbook.
- The organizers not recommended the competitors in the Full Marathon, Half Marathon and Mini Marathon to drink water, mineral water and the other food accept the prepare by VIM racing staff.
- After registration, there will be no fee refund for a Participant who does not eventually take part in the VIM, for any reason whatsoever.
- A participants is strictly not allowed to transfer his or her race entry to another party.
- A participant who does not start within 30 minutes from his or her respective flag off point will be disqualified and for safety reasons, may not be allowed to start.
- Change of race categories are allowed till November 1st, 2019
- To participate in the Marathon (42 km) participants must be 18 years or above on the race day.
- To participate in the Half Marathon (21 km) participants must be 16 years or above on the race day.
- To participate in Mini Marathon (10 km) participants must be 12 years or above on the race day.
- Any participant below the age of 18 is required to seek parental /guardian consent and complete the relevant indemnity and declaration forms when registering online or in person.
- Full Marathon (42km) – 6 hours 30min cut-off
If Runners are not check-in at the 3 hours and 30min mark, runners must forfeit and be return to the start/finish area on the VIM destinated buses
2. Half Marathon (21 kM) – 3 hours 30 min cut-off
3. Mini Marathon (10 kM) – 2 hours cut-off
4. Fun Run (5 km) – 1 hour cut-off
- Each participant is allowed only one prize-money award.
- EFG reserves the right to replace any winner if he or she is found to be disqualified.
- All prize not claimed within (1) month from 8 December 2019 will be forfeited and EFG will be at liberty redistribute or dispose of them accordingly.
- The “ Gun Time” will be considered to determine the winners for all categories.
- Prizes for the Full Marathon (42 km), Half Marathon (21 km) and Mini Marathon (10km) are:
Women’s General (1st to 5th place)
Men’s General (1st to 5th Place)
Men’s & Women’s Age Category (1st to 5th Place)
- 1st to 5th places of each age category will be awarded a race trophy.
Race Entry Pack Collection
- All participants must collect their race entry pack which includes the race bib, timing chip, Event T-shirt, the pre-race registration on 6th and 7th December 2019 (10 am to 6 pm) at the Entry Pack Collection Location during the collection period, of which detail will be stated on the Official Website. If participants are unable to collect their Race Entry Pack in person, they may empower a duly authorized representative in accordance with the procedure detailed here at the Official Website.
- Late collection will not be entertained and EFG shall not be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused, due to participants’ inability to collect their Race Entry Pack. Race Entry Pack not collected after the collection date will be deemed as properly of (EFG) the organizer, who reserves the rights to dispose or distribute them accordingly.
- All Participants who successfully complete the race in their selected category will be awarded a Finisher’s Medal upon the presentation of their race bib to the organizer.
- All participants for the Fun Run (5 km) will received the Certificate upon the presentation of their bib to the organizer.
- All participants who successfully complete the race in their category will be awarded an e-Certificate of Participation. The e-Certificate will be made available here on the official website from 10 December 2019.